Porter, Muirhead, Cornia & Howard (PMCH) in Casper, Wyoming is a premier certified public accounting firm and tax smart wealth advisors providing outstanding professional services for our clients, rewarding careers for our staff, and diligent service to our communities.
Are you looking for an opportunity to advance your career in accounting? Would you like to be a part of a growing firm that encourages a collaborative culture and values a work-life balance for its employees? If so, please read on!
At PMCH, we care about people – our clients, our employees, and our community. We listen, research, advise, and implement personalized accounting solutions to guide our clients down a path that will help them succeed in today’s complex economic environment. Our professionals provide individuals, businesses, and nonprofits with personal service, education, and knowledge that help our clients make sound decisions as well as get the most out of the work we do for them. We always work hard to do what is best for our clients, colleagues, and the communities we serve.
At our company, it is the people working for us who make a difference. No matter what stage an employee is at in their career, we are invested in helping them along their career path by offering exciting challenges. Our employees also enjoy upward advancement, flexibility in work schedules, and strong relationships with a team that really cares about them and their success.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A TAX MANAGER
• Manage the preparation and first review of high-level return.
• Work with staff to ensure individual and business tax returns are completed correctly and by the required deadline.
• Review, approve, and sign tax returns for release to clients.
• Coach or mentor a staff member to assist with enhancing their skills and further developing their career.
• Gather relevant tax-related information from the client so an accurate tax return can be prepared.
• Look at tax situations from various angles to ensure the maximum tax benefit is applied.
• Network, build relationships, and attract new clients or business for the Firm.
• Bill clients for the services and guidance provided.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR A TAX MANAGER
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• CPA licensed
• Proven work experience
• Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite products
• Quickly adaptable to changing work requirements and assigned projects
• Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities and attention to detail
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and work ethic
• Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrate strong ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
• Demonstrate flexibility to work additional hours as needed
• Dedication to teamwork and excellent leadership skills
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
• Build relationships and interact with clients to provide excellent planning, consulting and expertise
• Improve processes by developing or implementing best practices
• Willing to self-develop to progress your career
Our ideal candidate is someone who enjoys developing lasting relationships with our clients so that they will entertain candid conversations about their life and businesses; by having a better understanding of who they are and what they do, we can produce a high-quality tax return and provide them with the most appropriate tax planning advice. We are looking for a ‘hands on’ individual in both work style and client relationship skills; someone who is also passionate about developing the people on the team and values an environment where people strive to consistently grow.
Benefits & Compensation
PMCH provides a competitive compensation package commensurate with qualifications and experience as well as significant opportunities for advancement. We also offer a comprehensive benefits program including paid health insurance, paid short-term and long-term disability, PTO, 401k, and professional education.