Porter, Muirhead, Cornia & Howard (PMCH) in Casper, Wyoming is a premier certified public accounting firm and tax smart wealth advisors providing outstanding professional services for our clients, rewarding careers for our staff, and diligent service to our communities.
Are you looking for an opportunity to advance your career in accounting? Would you like to be a part of a growing firm that encourages a collaborative culture and values a work-life balance for its employees? If so, please read on!
At PMCH, we care about people – our clients, our employees, and our community. We listen, research, advise, and implement personalized accounting solutions to guide our clients down a path that will help them succeed in today’s complex economic environment. Our professionals provide individuals, businesses, and nonprofits with personal service, education, and knowledge that help our clients make sound decisions as well as get the most out of the work we do for them. We always work hard to do what is best for our clients, colleagues, and the communities we serve.
At our company, it is the people working for us who make a difference. No matter what stage an employee is at in their career, we are invested in helping them along their career path by offering exciting challenges. Our employees also enjoy upward advancement, flexibility in work schedules, and strong relationships with a team that really cares about them and their success.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A STAFF ACCOUNTANT
• Perform basic auditing procedures, such as cash, investments, payables, fixed assets, debt, and compliance.
• Prepare basic financial statements using appropriate software.
• Prepare workpapers with use and explanation of tick marks and cross-referencing. Prepare memos to document audit procedures.
• Prepare individual and entity tax returns.
• Efficiently complete audit programs, checklists, and workpapers without over-auditing.
• Review internal controls and offer methods for improvement when deficiencies are found.
• Write audit letters, including drafting management letter comments.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR A STAFF ACCOUNTANT
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
• Eligibility to sit for CPA exam or working toward CPA is highly desired
• Prior internship experience would be fantastic
• Knowledge of general ledger accounting software
• Understanding of GAAP
• Demonstrated ability to relate well to clients
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
Benefits & Compensation
PMCH provides a competitive compensation package commensurate with qualifications and experience as well as significant opportunities for advancement. We also offer a comprehensive benefits program including paid health insurance, paid short-term and long-term disability, PTO, 401k, and professional education.